St. Tikhon’s Board of Trustees met at the seminary, August 20-21. Board committees met on Thursday, with the whole board meeting together on Friday.
Board committees are comprised of board members, faculty, administrative team members, seminarians, and others. These meetings form a multi-disciplinary platform bringing together many voices across the community, especially important now while St. Tikhon’s Seminary is in the midst of a Self Study, preparing for a re-accreditation review in 2016.
Among the celebrations of the board meeting itself:
- The board celebrated the completion of the $300,000 Married Student Housing pledge by the Fellowship of Orthodox Christians in America (FOCA), announced during the All-American Council!
- The board accepted a proposal from Peter and Sarah Jubinski to form the Peter and Sarah B. Jubinski Library Endowment! With initial funding pledged from Peter and Sarah, this endowment will be focused toward acquisitions for the Patriarch Saint Tikhon Library. This is an especially meaningful gift, as it follows 40+ years of support and direct engagement in the library by Sarah Jubinski. She has served there as librarian and has remained an ardent supporter of the Patriarch Tikhon Library! Sarah also serves as the Chair of the Seminary’s Century Association, representing those offering annual financial stewardship gifts. May God grant Peter and Sarah many blessed years!
- The board heard for the first time from new Director of Mission Advancement, Seraphim Danckaert, and from Fr. Patrick Burns, new Alumni President, elected at the All-American Council.
- Board members participated in a presentation focusing on their development efforts by Dawn Miller of Zielinski Company. Dawn has been our consultant that assisted us with development work and in hiring Seraphim.
- The board also reviewed documentation that revealed a much stronger year financially in the fiscal year just ended.
May God grant our trustees many blessed years!