Dr. Christopher asked that his schedule of speaking engagements be posted on the website. It follows below:
Dr. Christopher Veniamin, Professor of Patristics
St. Tikhon's Seminary
Events and Appointments:
- External doctoral examiner for the PhD studies of Fr. Matthew Penney, Queens University, Kingston, Ontario (since Spring semester, 2016)
- External examiner for PhD studies of Fr. Maxym Lysack, at Laval and Sherbrooke Universities, Quebec, Canada (Spring semester, 2016)
- External supervisor for STS Alumnus, Fr. Abraham (Abey) George (MA in Christian Spirituality) Graduate School of Religion and Religious Education, Fordham University, NY (since Spring semester, 2016)
- Lecture on "The Theology of Fr. John Romanides: The Ten Fundamental Points of the Orthodox Faith", Grove City College, Grove City PA (April 8, 2016)
- Guest Speaker, "The Orthodox Understanding of Salvation: Theosis and Hesychia", Annual Pan Orthodox Lenten Retreat, the Shenango Valley Clergy Association, Holy Cross Orthodox Church (OCA Romanian Episcopate), Hermitage PA (Saturday, April 9, 2016)
- Sermon, "On St. John Climacus", St. Elias Antiochian Orthodox Church, New Castle PA (Sunday, April 10, 2016).
- Guest Professor for Dr. Peter Bouteneff's class on Prayer and Holiness (SVS, Monday, April 18, 2016). Topic: "Prayer in Silouan and Sophrony."
- External evaluator/assessor for V. Rev. Dr. Athanasios Gikas' (University of Thessalonica) promotion to position of full professor in theology
- Graduation Address at Holy Trinity Seminary, Jordanville NY (Sunday May 29th)
- Appointed by the Holy Synod of the Apostolic Church of Cyprus as representative to the Holy and Great Council, which is to take place in Crete (June 16 to June 27, 2016)
- At the invitation of Metropolitan Joseph, spearheading The Antiochian House of Studies push for accreditation of its four graduate programs in theology (two Masters, two Doctoral programs). June, 2016.
- Introducing, assisting and interpreting for Mtp Hierotheos Vlachos at Antiochian Biennial Clergy Symposium, Antiochian Village (July 18 - 22, 2016)